Monday, September 24, 2012

A bit about me and my work

I'm starting this blog for a few reasons, the first is that I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to computers and I think that a blog is something that even I can handle. I'm a Metalsmith/blacksmith living in Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada. I use the word metalsmith as my computer tells me it is not a real word, and figure it might be the best way to describe what I do. I will let the pictures speak for themselves. If you are interested in my work please feel free to contact me here or though my website at Darylrichardson.ca.. I will hopefully add further entries with things that interest me in the near future

Smooth Edge Copper Dimple Bowl
copper 6 1/2" diameter

Steel Canoe
Steel and box elder burl 24" long

Borg Bowl
steel 10 1/2" wide

On the Nile
copper, bronze curly maple 28" long

The Pods
copper, steel, 23K gold leaf, patina
pods about 3" dia

Natural Dimensions 
Copper and box elder 24" long?

Open Arms Sundial
Steel, copper 8' h 7" wide
designed to show correct time for location
Swept
Steel 6' tall

No comments:

Post a Comment